Friday, August 2, 2013

Little things.

Before that big arm strikes twelve, allow me to share a portion of positivity. I am trying my best to be positive at all times, even when there are times when I feel like it's dead end already. Believe me, in my daily struggle to survive, I have been surrounded by little challenges, which leads me to almost say "I surrender." But then again, there's no point in quitting, there is a reason why I am here, and who am I to ask God why?

Life is not perfect, but somehow I managed to live and enjoy it's imperfections. I am a typical slave of the corporate world. I work at nine in the morning and goes home at six. Even if I was able to save enough for my own second hand hello kitty car, I'd still chose to ride the MRT everyday, because gas is expensive and more than that, there's too much traffic to in EDSA. In this entry, I wanted to share little things which makes us happy everyday, and apart from the busy streets of the metro, makes my life worth living. :)

1. Free sit in the MRT.
Admit it. When the MRT door opens, everyone is struggling to have a sit, especially every morning, to sleep and at least be more comfortable riding the most sardines-ish ride in the country. I am a "masa" type of person. As in "masandal tulog." Everywhere! So it's like heaven when I managed to sit. Sometimes I even skip a train just to be the first to enter the next train.

2. Skipping train.
In connection to my MRT blues, I ride the MRT from Ayala everyday now, so it is really a struggle for me to squeeze myself in. Advantage of being small, I only need a little space!:P but then again, big sweaty guys are everywhere, how can I compete?? Skipping trains once made me clap and smile! (Parang abnormal lang!)

3. Little compliment from my supervisor.
I know I have this attitude of belittling myself. Sometimes I feel like I am not good enough and I cannot deliver. Being new to this industry made me realize that there is so much to learn. There are times when I feel like this is not really for me. But I can clearly remember when my supervisor emailed me, "very good.:)" It made me really happy. Regardless of how small it is, I was able to do something right!

4. Making it before 9:10 AM.
Meaning, I am not late! Aminin, when it's five or ten minutes before the grace period ends, all we do is run for our lives and try our best to be early! Imagine my relief seeing in my time card 9:09. Winner!

5. Green Mango and Shrimp Paste/Potato Corner Barbecue Fries (Jumbo!!)
Since I don't eat chocolates, (or anything sweet for that matter), these are my comfort food! I know they are way different from each other, but they are really driving me crazy! I just feel bad that I have ulcer, so I cannot eat green mangoes that much, and obviously, fries are too oily!:P

6. People remembered my birthday. (without facebook reminding them.)
Only a few people remember your birthday. And sorry to disappoint you but oftentimes, they know that it's your birthday because facebook told them so. I appreciate text messages as greetings, more than the popular facebook post.;)

7. Good senti music while driving alone
At first I thought, driving is fun. But I guess I'm wrong. I will do anything just to get rid of driving. My fiance is just the sweetest, he never lets me drive when we're together. (but the real reason is, kinakabahan daw sya sa driving skills ko! Duh! Nag 120 na ko sa NLEX!)

8. That very soothing feeling after your back was scratched.
I know you can relate! I like it when John scratches my back, it's like a massage to me.

So these are just few of the little things in my life that I am really thankful for. :) Yes they are just little, but it's always good to say a little thank you to the Big Guy up there when little happy things come to us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment